Friday, January 14, 2011

Lara's Corset Set

I recently made this for Lara Lockwood, a lovely model & make up artist from the UK. It was a thank you gift for her previous modeling efforts and her continued support of Forge Fashion.


It included a fully boned corset (flat & spiral steals were used), with leather trim to match the bolero which is also leather. The skirt is a gathered mesh/tulle in a lovely rich rose.

I tea dyed the fabric and lace to get a more suitable match on the leather. Here is a picture taken during the dying process so you can see the original fabric.





And a few more of the corset:-





And because I finally have Business Cards, Swing Tags and Corset Care Instructions to send away with my products now......it was very exciting to pack it all up and use them for the first time.




NEWS
I'm still working on setting up my pattern stock......so  yes I'm continuing with my vigorous sample making, it's the only way to work out my keepers/favorite workable styles for the future (fine tunning at the least)! And tomorrow I'm heading off with a friend to get a few photos I've what I've done thus far, so plenty of pics to come :)


4 comments:

Holly said...

Wow that's gorgeous! :O

Anonymous said...

Lovely and the swing tags etc look so great!

Abbey said...

Thanks guy!!

Unknown said...

Yippee! It was wonderful to receive this in the post! I can't wait to shoot it! x x x