Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sampling - Dragon Scale Maille

Since we've had another big relocate (explains my absence) back home to Christchurch, and I'm close to the end of my pregnancy I have had to settle for small creative projects as opposed to big sewing orders or indepth work......so I've taken to 'sampling', it's  a  great way of keeping my creative mind active and my hands busy :)

I've been doing embroidery/flossing samples for a while (I'll do a post about that latter), but more recently I've taken to playing with dragon scale maille, trying various techniques and figuring out how to acheive the effects I want.


Tradition Chain Maille Weave

Crochet & Scales

5 Petal Flower

Earrings

*The earrings are sort of the beginning of my DIY Christmas gifts (excuse the blurry shot).

No comments: